09 Jan Taking on Veganuary?
Have you challenged yourself to eat a vegan diet for the first month of this year? If so we have a great recipe for you to try out which will show you that eating vegan really can be tasty!
What you’ll need;
3 peppers, red, yellow or orange
handful cherry tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
2 tbsp olive oil
large bunch basil
400g/14oz pasta shapes
salt and pepper
What you’ll need to do;
- Pop the oven on at 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- While the oven is warming up get the peppers and halve them peppers then remove all the seeds and membrane. Next, halve the cherry tomatoes and finely slice the garlic. Lay the peppers in a roasting tin facing upwards, place the halved cherry tomatoes inside the peppers and tuck the garlic into the tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and season, to taste and put in the oven.
- Whilst the veg is cooking get started on the basil oil. Add your basil to a food processor along with, 3 tablespoons of olive oil and a little salt. Blend until the mixture becomes bright green.
- Once the peppers have been in the oven for about half an hour and they have softened, add the basil oil to them then cook for another 20 minutes. You will know when the veg is ready as it will be charred around the edges. Remove the peppers from the tray and set aside.
- For the pasta, bring water to the boil and add some salt and the pasta, cook and then drain.
- Divide the pasta into bowls and add the peppers on top.
We hope our small contribution will help you out on your challenge this January!
If you’ve been inspired to learn more vegan recipes why not arrange a cooking lesson with one of our chefs? We can create a bespoke lesson for you whether you want to learn vegan dishes or anything else! You can also redeem our special offer up until 14th January (check our previous post) so there’s never been a better time to book!
Contact us today on 0208 226 37 59 or firstname.lastname@example.org or click the contact button above!