20 Nov Happy Thanksgiving!
On the 22nd November, it will be Thanksgiving Day a day of celebrations where food plays a big role! Whether you’re celebrating or not why not try our sprouts and bacon recipe, a great addition to your Thanksgiving meal or why not add it to your Christmas dinner this year?
What you’ll need;
1¼kg Brussels sprouts
6 rashers smoked streaky bacon
200g vacuum-packed chestnuts
What you’ll need to do;
- First, trim the sprouts and cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Add water and salt to a large pan and once boiled add the sprouts. Bring back to the boil and cook for 5 minutes then drain and run them under cold water until cold, then drain again.
- Next, heat a large frying pan and add the cut up bacon, gently frying for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the pan without the fat and then add the chestnuts to the fat remaining in the pan and fry on a high heat for 5 minutes then remove.
- Add the sprouts back to the pan and add a splash of water, cover and cook over a medium heat stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the sprouts, turn up the heat, and add the butter and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the bacon and chestnuts, season to your taste with salt and pepper and add a knob of butter to serve.
We hope we’ve given you some inspiration for your Thanksgiving dinner or encouraged you to get involved with the celebrations for the first time! Another way we can help you celebrate either Thanksgiving or Christmas is by providing you with one of our chefs to do all the hard work on the big day!
If you’d be interested in booking one of our chefs please call 0208 226 37 59 or email email@example.com.