14 Aug Why you should ditch every carb for the “Super Carb”
Did you know that the CSPI (centre for science in the public interest) ranked the sweet potato the number one vegetable for nutritional content. With a huge score of 184, the sweet potato outscored the next highest vegetable by more than 100 points. Points are given for content of dietary fiber, naturally occurring sugars and complex carbohydrates, protein, vitamins A and C, iron and calcium. Points were deducted for fat content (especially saturated fat), sodium, cholesterol, added refined sugars and caffeine. The higher the score, the more nutritious the food.
These orange beauties are full of the below:
- Iron and also support and healthy immune system
- Helps improvement of blood sugar regulation
- Anti-Inflammatory properties
- They don’t cause blood sugar spikes like other carb
What I like to do with mine:
- Line baking tray with grease proof and turn oven on to 200°c
- Wash and dice sweet potato into bite size chunks
- Cover sweet potato in olive oil or melted organic coconut oil plus salt and pepper
- Roast for 30 minutes until they have some colour and it’s the best sweet potato chip you can get!