28 Nov Chocolate Christmas
It’s almost time to open that first door on your advent calendar and treat yourself to a bit of chocolate in the countdown to Christmas! It’s a time of year where we love to overindulge and what better way to do it than with chocolate? This week we’re sharing our Chocolate Christmas recipe to help get you inspired for the big day!
The last festive dessert we shared with you was a mash up of two classics, black forest and trifle. This week’s recipe is also mixing two winter favourites to create the hybrid of Mince Pie Brownies!
What you’ll need;
185g unsalted butter
185g high-quality dark chocolate
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
3 large eggs
275g golden caster sugar
6 mince pies
What you’ll need to do;
- Cube the butter and chop the chocolate and then melt together in a bowl, this can be done in the microwave or by placing the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally and once melted leave to cool.
- Pop the oven on 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line the tin you’ll be baking the brownies on with baking paper. Get your flour and cocoa and sieve into a bowl. In another bowl, add your eggs and sugar and whisk until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Your chocolate butter mixture should now be cooled and can be poured in with the egg and sugar mix by folding them together as it’s added.
- The cocoa and flow are next to be added and continue to fold as you do so until the mixture starts to look fudgy!
- Add a layer of the mixture to the bottom of the tin and then add the mince pies on top whole before covering with the rest of the mixture. Place in the oven and check after 25 mins, if there’s still a bit of wobble give it another 5 or 10 minutes. Once ready, take out from the oven and leave to cool, they can then be decorated with a dusting of icing sugar and cut then cut into squares!
There you have it! The perfect chocolate addition to your Christmas celebrations!
If you’d prefer not to do all the work this Christmas, don’t worry, you can get one of our chefs to deal with that! Just contact us today about your booking over the festive period, you can call us on 0208 226 37 59 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!