05 Jun CHEF’S COMPLIMENTS PAD THAI
Here’s a Pad Thai recipe to WOW your guests and create your own wonderful dinner party.
It’s delicious and comfort in a dish!
Chef’s Compliments Pad Thai
2 tbsp dried shrimps (optional)
200g dried rice stick noodles
6 tbsp sesame oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1 bag bean sprouts, rinsed
1 bunch spring onion
3 tbsp Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
3 tbsp Red wine vinegar
3 tbsp tamarind water
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
25g palm sugar
4 tbsp roasted peanuts, lightly crushed
1 bunch coriander
- Grind the dried shrimps to a fluffy powder in an electric coffee grinder or chop by hand.
- Cover the noodles with boiling water and leave for 15 minutes, or until al dente. Rinse in cold water and drain well, then use 1 tsp of sesame oil to coat your hands and run them through the noodles to help prevent sticking.
- To make the omelette, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok and swirl to coat the surface. Pour in the beaten eggs and swirl to make a very thin omelette. Run a knife around the edge, turn out, slice into strips and set aside and cut into thin strips.
- Reduce the palm sugar, fish sauce, red wine vinegar, tamarind water and add the chilli flakes.
- Fry off the spring onions, bean sprouts and chicken separately in sesame oil then add all together with noodle and add reduction.
- To serve, scatter with crushed peanuts, coriander leaves and quartered limes.